Friday, May 2, 2008

Ben's Charity Art Auction official information


THE WHAT
A series of auctions featuring original art from many, many artists; pro, amateur and in between.

THE WHY
My nephew Ben got sick, and an organization called the Candlelighters helped our family out. I'd like to try to help others. Proceeds from the auction are going to the Candlelighters.

THE WHEN and WHERE
The auctions start May 3, 2008 on ebay under the user name MisterMxy (links to the listing can be seen here as well).

You can see many (but far from all!) of the great pieces already donated by clicking here.

If you're an artist, there's still time to participate! Just get me a scan of what you'd like to donate by May 9, or scans of your previous work if you'd like to offer a commission. Details can be read at the bottom of this post.

BIG GIANT IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ARTISTS! There are so many donations a second round of auctions will be going up as soon as the first batch ends! So if you'd like to participate, you've got another week to get a scan in of your donation!

A list of participating artists can be seen here.

I'd also like every one who reads this to download this flier and ask your local comic shop to put it in their window or to let you leave a small stack of them laying around the shop some where. You can also ask artists to donate something! There's still time!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at all at sayitbackwards@gmail.com

11 comments:

Marcus Kelligrew said...

Hey, Thomas,
I just sent you my piece via e-mail. I hope you like it!
Marcus

Tom Beland said...

On all the sites, including this one, there are no links to the ebay auctions. This really needs to be fixed quick.

thomas said...

When you come to the main page here the first thing you see is a series of links to the suctions.

Anonymous said...

Hi,


You've got excellent information about auctions on your site. As I was scanning net for Auction resources I found your site and another site about auctions, I believe will interest you.

Check it out.


Regards,

Penny Auction Online said...

I found this an interesting way to promote the auction. Also your bio impressed me very much. Good job done.

Penny Auction said...

Fabulous post!
I have read your post and I update my knowledge after read your post to promote auction by such interesting way.

Thanks for sharing!
Penny Auction Script

Bahamas Property said...

Interesting arts and marvelous idea you have given for the auction, being an auction lover, it would be a very valuable deal to me.
Just keep it up, Nice post!!!

donate car said...

This nice idea I will support your cause. I will donate one of my master piece for your nephew.I hope this way I can help.

Charity Donations said...

It’s great to do charity and be a part of a social cause! It takes a lot of efforts and patience to raise money for various social causes.

phppennyauction said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
phppennyauction said...

Nice post............to support charity by arts.

PHP Penny Auction